Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting back into the groove...

It's been a while since my last post.  Lots going on the past few months. My beloved golden retriever - Parker - was ill from lymphoma and I had to put him down six weeks ago. It's been a rough three months.  His 11th birthday was this past weekend - very long weekend. He was my child.  My mom (aka grandma) is taking it pretty hard too. My entire routine has changed and his happy 88lbs of unconditional love are sorely missed.  Some projects and crafting were put on hold because all he wanted was to play...and I was more than happy to meet his needs.

I have completed a few DIY projects to occupy my time.  I'll post some pics soon.  I'm also painting my craft room in the basement.  Maybe now I'll like working down there and get things organized. I regret that I didn't finish Parker's scrapbooks.  That is my first task when the room is finished.  He deserves that since he's the reason I got myself into this expensive hobby to begin with. However, he didn't like for me to work in the basement.  He followed me everywhere in the house and the basement had everything for him except a window that he could look out and watch people (or animals).  I looked at his completed scrapbooks the day I put him down - what great memories! He had a better day that day which is how I want to remember him.

Parker - I couldn't have asked for a better companion.  You loved life and made everyone happy.  You were spoiled rotten and I loved every minute of our time together.  You will never be forgotten!!





No comments:

Post a Comment